- Philosophy of Tourism / Turyzm
- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Publication Fees
- Ethics, Publishing and Anti-ghostwriting Policies
- Formatting Requirements
- Rights for Authors and University of Lodz Research Online
Philosophy of Tourism / Turyzm
For more information, please see Tourism / Turyzm Aims and Scope page.
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original article to be considered for publication in Tourism / Turyzm provided he or she owns the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article. Authors are the initial owners of the copyrights to their works (an exception in the non-academic world to this might exist if the authors have, as a condition of employment, agreed to transfer copyright to their employer).
General Submission Rules
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to Tourism / Turyzm, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at Tourism / Turyzm. If you have concerns about the submission terms for Tourism / Turyzm, please contact the editors.
"Turyzm/Tourism" publishes articles containing not more than 4000 words, research notes up to 2500 words and reports and book reviews of a maximum of 1000 words. In justified cases (at the author's request), however, larger texts may be accepted.
Articles must be submitted in Polish and English (identical versions). The text should contain captioned and properly positioned figures, tables and, possibly, photographs. Illustrations should be additionally saved in separate, original files (but not PDF). The article must include a summary/abstract, briefly stating the aim, methods and results of study (200 words max.), as well as key words (the Polish version allows commonly used English terms).
On the first page, the authors should place their full name (first and last name), ORCID number, the name of their work place, together with postal and e-mail addresses, possibly also a mobile phone number for quick contact, if necessary (optional).
Bibliographic references are written in the APA style.
Detailed editorial guidelines for authors: to downloadThere are, rules governing the formatting of the final submission. See Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for details. Although bepress can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to produce an electronic version of the article as a high-quality PDF (Adobe's Portable Document Format) file, or a Microsoft Word, WordPerfect or RTF file that can be converted to a PDF file.
It is understood that the current state of technology of Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF) is such that there are no, and can be no, guarantees that documents in PDF will work perfectly with all possible hardware and software configurations that readers may have.
The journal does not charge for submission of the manuscript.
The journal does not charge for processing or publication of the manuscript.
Ethics, Publishing and Anti-ghostwriting Policies
Detailed informations about our policies, you can download here:
Rights for Authors and University of Lodz Research Online
As further described in our submission agreement (the Submission Agreement), in consideration for publication of the article, the authors assign to University of Lodz Research Online all copyright in the article, subject to the expansive personal--use exceptions described below.
1. The Author-Editors grant the Press the non-exclusive proprietary copyrights licence for the Work in all fields of exploitation, including the right to copy it onto computer memory, to reproduce and make an unlimited number of copies by means of any technique, with particular focus on printing, reprography, magnetic recording and digitalizing, in order to publish, market and distribute it in volume form and in other printed forms, as well as in magnetic, optical and electronic form, including computer networks available to the general public (via the Internet), limited-access networks, the websites of the Press, and through open access (including the rules of the Creative Commons license BY. The license also includes the right for further sublicensing in the aforementioned fields of exploitation.
2. The licence is unlimited in territory. The licence is granted for the period of 10 (ten) years. Upon the expiry of the licence, the Work can still be distributed via these distribution platforms (including the rules of open access, specifically including the Creative Commons license) on which it was deposited during the period of this license.
3. The Author-Editors also give their consent to the Press to distribute the Work as an open-access document (including the regulations of the Creative Commons license) upon the expiry of the period of the license, as referred to in Section 2.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of University of Lodz Research Online, requires credit to University of Lodz Research Online as copyright holder (e.g., University of Lodz Research Online © 2022).
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from University of Lodz Research Online provided the author does not alter the format or content of the articles, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the article on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the article stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Posting of the article on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the article on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)'s place of employment (e.g., a Phrenology professor at the University of Southern North Dakota can have her article appear in the University of Southern North Dakota's Department of Phrenology online publication series); and
- Posting of the article on a non-commercial course website for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should contact the editors.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the University of Lodz Research Online website and/or software agree not to misuse the University of Lodz Research Online service or software in any way.
The failure of University of Lodz Research Online to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between University of Lodz Research Online and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.
The Administrator of the personal data of the Author/Reviewer is the University of Lodz (address: ul. Narutowicza 68, 90-136 Lodz).
The Personal Data Protection Supervision at the University of Lodz can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The data shall be processed in order to complete the publication process, pursuant to the provisions within Art. 6 Section 1 (b) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016.
The obtained data shall be processed and stored for the period necessary to perform the purpose stipulated within the agreement, including the periods of data storage indicated by generally applicable laws and regulations.
The Author /Reviewer has the right to demand access to their personal data, to request their personal data be corrected, to restrict or limit the processing of their personal data, and to demand their personal data be deleted if permissible by law.
The Author/Reviewer has the right to file a complaint to a data protection authority on suspected violations of the law related to the processing of personal data.